In fact, constipation is a medical condition that no one likes to talk about. It is one of those problems that people usually try to ignore until they exacerbate the problem and develop painful hemorrhoids. When it happens you could want to consider some herbs that can help you relieve constipation before grabbing drug based products. Below there are some herbs that can be useful when it comes to constipation:
– Burdock root. This herb is mainly used to help remove body toxins. In different parts of the globe this plant is eaten as a food or made into tea. Since burdock is from daisy family, people suffering from allergies to daisies, ragweed or chrysanthemums do not have to use it.
– Cascara Sagrada. This plant is used for different medicinal purposes by native Americans. It is not only considered to be the safest and the best among all herbal laxatives, but as well it is helpful for overall colon function. The other advantage of using this herb is that it is natural antibiotic that can help you prevent and kill harmful bacteria in the body.
– Dandelion. Recent research has shown that dandelion has strong diuretic properties as well as could relieve constipation and reduce bloating.
– Milk Thistle. This herb is known as a strong detox herb for liver, but as well it can improve bowel dysfunction. For this medical purpose you can use all parts of this plant.
– Plantain herb. In fact, psyllium is known as soluble fiber in different products aimed to relieve constipation and it is derived from plantain seeds which can grow almost anywhere on this plant. You have to know that psyllium husk is gained from the tasteless and odorless seeds and does not have to be confused with edible plantains which are commonly eaten in South America.
Constipation can be a problem for lots of people. It’s not a surprise that the issue of how to relieve constipation is quite widespread. So, if you suffer from chronic constipation, check out this constipation remedies site.