Cardio can make it harder to lose fat if you don’t use it correctly. It should be seen as a supplement to resistance training.
The bad news is that many people are stuck with outdated approaches to doing cardio.
Thus, here are 6 strategies for making your cardio burn more fat:
1. Don’t do super high intensity cardio all the time: In fact, you are best off cycling in low intensity sessions with high intensity sessions. And if you aren’t recovering properly from your weight lifting sessions then don’t do high intensity cardio at all.
2. Don’t do cardio on an empty stomach: The idea that cardio on an empty stomach helps burn more fat is ludicrous. Not only will you burn more calories by having a small snack, but you will also be able to preserve more muscle tissue.
3. Use total body modalities: Avoid using a treadmill all day to get in your cardio needs. Not only will a treadmill make it very hard for your body to recover, but it can also be extremely boring. So use total body modalities like elliptical machines.
4. Try to exercise a little in the water: Exercising in the water is a great way to preserve your joints and to burn a little extra fat. You see, water pulls heat away from your body two hundred times faster than air. So try to swim a little.
5. Avoid doing cardiovascular exercise before weights: You see, doing cardio before weights will deplete your muscles of glycogen. And glycogen is a critical substance for helping you exercise at the highest level possible.
6. Replace your shoes often: Using the same old shoes for years on end will make your joints absorb excessive amounts of shock. Thus, make sure you don’t get emotionally attached to your old shoes. Protect your joints.
If you do cardiovascular exercise the wrong way it will erode your joints. So make sure to take action here sooner rather than later!
Writer Katherine Crawford, an exercise physiologist and recent flabby arms sufferer, teaches how to tone your arms quickly. Figure out how to get sexy and toned arms by visiting her website with advice on how to get rid of arm fat very fast right now!