While it’s true that adaptation can make your progress plateau, it’s also true that many changes happen in your body that make getting in shape easier over time.
Now if you aren’t aware of these physiological changes you may end up losing hope all too soon.
Thus, here are 6 physiological changes that make losing weight easier as time goes by:
1. Muscle building and fat burning hormones increase: The biggest increase will be in testosterone. Recall that this hormone is the primary muscle building hormone. And muscle is your best friend when it comes to maintaining your metabolic rate.
2. Levels of insulin go down: As you build lean muscle tissue and burn fat, the amount of insulin your body needs to get nutrients into your cells will go down. And less insulin will translate into more fat burning since small increases in this hormone can shut down fatty acid oxidation.
3. The amount of calories you burn at rest goes up: You see, as you build more and more lean muscle tissue, the amount of calories your body burns while at rest will go up. This is the most time effective way to get in shape.
4. What used to be hard becomes habit: The longer you stick with it, the more of what you are doing becomes automatic. In other words, you spend less physical and mental energy getting things done. Whether it be exercise or diet.
5. You become desensitized to pain: When you first start working out, levels of soreness can be huge and the amount pain you feel during exercise can be significant. But just like your body can get used to an odd fitting piece of clothing, it can also get used to pain.
6. Overall hormonal output will increase: As you get leaner and leaner, your body will increase its overall hormonal output. You see, the glands responsible for the secretion of hormones are like muscles. The more they get worked, the more hormones they will secrete.
If you are just starting out, keep in mind that things will get easier over time. So don’t give up or throw in the towel, stick with it!
Author Katherine Crawford, an exercise physiologist and recent fat arms sufferer, teaches how to get rid of flabby arms with the best techniques. Unearth how to get sexy and sculpted arms by visiting her blog on how to tone arms quickly right now!