The science of nutrition is constantly changing as new research is constantly being done. However, it can be difficult to stay abreast of all the new developments.
Even worse, all the marketing misinformation can cause a lot of confusion.
So here is a collection of tips for better dieting:
1. Pair your dessert with vegetables: It’s impossible to diet perfectly all the time. You will need to take breaks every so often. And a great way to minimize the damage when you take a break is to pair your desserts with vegetables.
2. Stick to legumes and beans as your carbohydrate sources: Doing this can help get you out of a plateau. You see, whole grains aren’t the healthiest source of carbs. Legumes and beans digest much slower than whole grain bread.
3. Have a regular eating schedule: Eating at the same times day in and day out is a great way to stabilize your circadian rhythms. And this in turn will increase hormone production and fat loss in your body. So always strive to stabilize your eating patterns.
4. Don’t eat too much fruit: You see, excessive fruit intakes can load your body with too much sugar. After all, fruit does have sugar in the form of fructose. So only have fruit for breakfast and after your workouts for the best results.
5. Minimize real replacement powders and protein powders: Solid food will not only help you feel fuller, but it will also digest slower which translates into better fat loss. Recall that slower digestion lowers insulin which in turn burns more fat.
6. Have at least two salads a day: Simply having two salads per day can be a great way to increase your fat loss, especially if you are stuck. You see, salads have a lot of roughage which does a great job at keeping blood sugar and insulin down.
There is a lot of misinformation about nutrition. But if you follow the above strategies you will notice a difference in your body!
Writer Katherine Crawford, a fitness expert and former fat arms sufferer, teaches how to get rid of flabby arms. Unearth how to get sexy and sculpted arms by exploring her blog with tricep exercises for women right now!