Having a good sleep is one of the things that you should not deprive yourself of regardless how busy or fast the pace of life you have. Your body deserves a good rest after a long and tiring day. How sleep and health are related with each other must be well understood by each of us so that we will learn to appreciate it more.
As you can see, there are individuals who rarely have the chance to sleep, which makes them treat it like a precious gold. However, there are also people who did not even acknowledge the fact that they are lucky enough, as they have all the opportunity to sleep.
This article will demonstrate to you how lack of sleep can make its impact in your life. Below are some of the advantages that will be presented to you if you can have a good rest.
1. Your health will be improved if you will have enough rest each night. Most cells of your body are damaged by the different pollutants that you are getting outside. These damaged cells will be repaired and fixed by your body while you are sleeping. The following day, when you wake up, you will feel a new strength and you will be ready to face your task once again. Sufficient sleep will also boost your immunity. This is why you easily get colds every time you are working late at night.
2. Your mind is collecting various memories that will be later processed and recorded by your brain also at night while you are sleeping. There is the Rapid Eye Movement that is defined as the deepest sleep level that a human has is actively doing its work during this time when we are semi-unconscious. So if ever you will be engaged in strenuous activities, you should have enough sleep so that you will be prepared for that day.
3. Another reason that will convince you of valuing sleep is its ability to help you to prevent cancer. The Melatonin, a particular hormone that induces sleep helps in suppressing the growth of tumor; there are various medical studies that have backed this claim up. This is the reason why graveyard shift workers have higher risk of getting colon cancer or even breast cancer; this is due to the fact their bodies lack the production of Melatonin, as they only have few hours of sleep at night. Since these people are sleeping at daytime, they must make their rooms dark so the Melatonin could be produced. It is because this hormone is only produce at the absence of light.
4. Losing weight will also be benefitted from a good night sleep. You will notice that you are actually losing several pounds by maintaining complete rest each night. Your mood will also be enhanced for the next day. However, if you will lack in sleep, it is expected that you will have the tendency to feel sad or depress, as the serotonin hormone level produce is low. There are also the hormones called the leptin and ghrelin which also might be affected by incomplete rest. These two hormones are responsible in controlling your appetite, so if you really want your goal of losing weight to gain some steam, then make sure that you are getting the right sleep each night.
5. There are various diseases that will be prevented if you will only have enough rest. The likes of the hypertension, stroke, and heart problems-all of these could be possibly prevented if you can assure yourself to have at least 6-8 hours of sleep each day.
Sleep is something that every living creature in this world is giving importance to. Each of us should really treat sleep as something that we should be grateful for. Always remember that this kind of opportunity is not given to other people. It will be enough for you to consider yourself very fortunate for having the chance to sleep well each night.
The author has been writing amazing posts about HCG for virtually quite a few years now. To view and see how excellent writer he genuinely is, come and check out his site now about suggestions to HCG Diet.