High protein diets like Atkins are very seductive because they induce a lot of weight loss in very short periods of time.
Unfortunately, the weight that comes flying off is usually muscle and lots of water.
So, without further ado, here is how a lack of carbohydrates can destroy your ability to get the body you want:
1. Worsened brain chemistry: Getting in shape requires a lot of mental fortitude. And without carbs your resolve will deteriorate. You see, carbs are responsible for providing the building blocks your brain uses to produce mood stabilizing chemicals.
2. Lean muscle protein oxidation: Without carbs in your diet, your body will burn through lean muscle like a knife through butter. You see, carbs are your body’s preferred source of fuel. And if the primary source of fuel is gone, your body will burn lean muscle for energy.
3. Excessive lethargy: No matter how much you sleep, a lack of carbs will make you want to sleep more. You will take a nap only to find yourself desperate for more sleep. Unfortunately, being in this twilight zone is very disconcerting.
4. Less recovery: Carbs help your body recover from intense exercise. After all, intense exercise causes a lot of damage in your body. And repairing this damage requires a lot of energy. Energy that is best provided by carbohydrates.
5. More acidity: Exercise with an acidic body is very painful. Even the lightest weights will produce significant discomfort. Even worse, your muscles will not get tight after your workouts. They will remain loose and flaccid.
6. Muscle water loss: Your muscles are mostly made up of water. If you don’t eat enough carbs, this water will come out of your muscles. And a muscle without enough water will look deflated and lose its toned and tight appearance.
Eliminating carbs from your diet is not a good strategy for achieving the body you want. So make sure you take heed of the advice in this article!
Writer Katherine Crawford, a fitness physiologist and recent flabby arms sufferer, instructs on how to get rid of bingo wings really fast. Unearth how to get sexy and toned arms by exploring her blog with advice on how to do the best arm workouts for women now!