With todays advances in technology,going to the workplace may be as easy as turning on the computer and logging on to a network. With the increase of white collar work already accessible through the internet and mobile systems, more and more people no longer find it necessary to get up from their couches for work or play. Although these tools help us in accomplishing great things, it has created a generation of people who live a sedentary lifestyle. This inactive lifestyle has led to a host of health-related problems.
A sluggish lifestyle has been strongly tied to the risk of cardiovascular diseases, such as myocardial ischemia and hypertension, not to mention insulin resistance and diabetes mellitus as well as a many other diseases. A pot belly, or apple shaped figure has always been associated with an quiet lifestyle, overeating or both. Recent clinical studies have shown that reducing the amount of belly fat can significantly reduce the risk of being affected by these life threatening conditions.
There are numerous ways to reduce the amount of fat in the stomach area, the top five belly fat exercises and stomach-busting measures are discussed below.
1. Cardio Exercises. Some of the most effective exercises to do are: cycling, jogging, swimming, aerobics, jumping rope, and dancing but really, anything that gets your heart pumping, works. These exercises are among the most common and effective exercises that work outstanding in shaving off the fat. The great thing is you don’t need special equipment or to join a gym do do most of there exercises. Eventually, if you stick with a consistent cardio workout and throw in some crunches, your six pack stomach will emerge.
2. High-protein, Low-carbohydrate diet. First, don’t forget, it is recommended to have lots of water, I mean a lot, about 1.5 to 2 liters a day, and 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily, which are always delicious, so no big thing. Carbs, at least for our goals, are bad. Carbs, the really good tasting food, are easily broken down to glucose which is the body’s major source of fuel. Because they are so easily digested, the body feels hungry again in only a short span of time. Proteins, the food that is good for our goal of losing belly fat, on the other hand, are not easily processed and can thus provide more energy over a longer period of time, decreasing the need to constantly eat which , it turns out is a good thing if you wish to lose belly weight.
3. Now, if you haven’t already, is a good time to start listening to your parents and people like the Surgeon General of the United States. Nicotine and alcohol are major stressors to the body, increasing the hormone cortisol levels which can lead to rapid weight gain, also known as belly fat.
4. Relax a little. Recent studies have shown effects that stress has on body fat and have found a direct correlation between stress and fat. Cortisol levels in the blood are found to be elevated when the body is exposed to stress, producing insulin resistance which causes a craving for fats and sugary food it is believed. Think stress equals cupcakes. Higher levels of cortisol in the blood, like those associated with chronic stress, have been shown to have bad effects such as increased belly fat and a whole bunch of other things you don’t want, so for the last time, relax a little!
5. Strength-Training. This comes after you get rid of those surface fats and are quite effective in making you lose the remaining flab from your waist area. This is the time you would want to apply the targeted belly fat exercises. “Spot exercises” like: abdominal crunches, stomach twisting, hip raise, leg lifts, air cycling, reverse crunches, and hanging leg raise are only some suggested activities you can try to achieve defined abdominal muscles.