There is something about the antioxidant Astaxanthin that makes it incredibly exciting. What makes this product so famous?
By Astaxanthin now- This deep red phytonutrient Astaxanthin is actually something synthesized by Haematococcus which are a type of microalgae. There are many health benefits of using Astaxanthin from anti-oxidant properties to anti-inflammatory benefits. It is made in natural form and also in synthetic form, however when you take a naturally produced supplement you are getting the purest and most potent form of antioxidants on the market. Being such a potent antioxidant, it is beneficial in helping to prevent or treat neurodegenerative, inflammatory, immune and cardiovascular diseases.
This antioxidant happens to be one of the few ingredients that can cross the blood/brain barrier to enter cells. Astaxanthin can help because the central nervous system happens to be highly susceptible to damage from free radicals. When inside cells, astaxanthin’s antioxidant properties can help improve function in different ways. This nutrient even helps protect cells from neuron damage so the body is at lower risk of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s and dementia type diseases. Even the eyes will be safer from macular degeneration and cataracts because this ingredient can cross the blood retina barrier.
Read more on the benefits of Astaxanthin- Following are some more key benefits.
* Reduces inflammation and joint pain in individuals
* It is suggested to be anti-ageing due to high concentration of antioxidants
* Since astaxanthin helps lower inflammation, it prevents a person from cardiovascular problems and heart disease
* You can get enhanced memory and cognitive function both
* On the cellular level, it reduces oxidative damage
* It can greatly increase endurance, muscle recovery and workout performance in athletes
* Thanks to its high antioxidant levels, astaxanthin can reduce cancer risk
* For people with carpal tunnel syndrome it can reduce and eliminate symptoms
* Not only does this ingredient boost immune function of the body, but it also helps fight infection
* This is a good way to protect the stomach from ulcers and invasive bacteria of all kinds
* In men, it improves sperm quality, motility, and sperm count.
* Protects the eyes from UV damage
* This potent UVB absorber reduces damage to DNA from sun exposure
* Reduces lactic acid build up after workout
Astaxanthin is a fat-soluble carotenoid, so the best way to make sure it gets to all your cells, tissues and organs is to take it with some healthy fats such as coconut oil, olive oil, avocados, chia seeds, flaxseed oil or fish oils. Take astaxanthin with fat-soluble carotenoid!