Let’s discuss these guidelines that a woman can opt for a better and healthier lifestyle:
1. Staying fit and healthy starts with a balanced diet. Know and monitor the right weight for your age. Consult your doctor to learn what food you should avoid and follow your eating discipline routines. If you are trying to lose some weight, foods with high calories should be omitted from your meals. Food with high fiber and low fat should be included a priority in your grocery list instead of red meat, sugars and fats.
2. Hydrate frequently. It is ideal for you to drink at least eight glasses of water on a regular basis. This will flush away impurities that are inside your body. This is also perfect for women who are currently lactating and needs to rehydrate.
3. Take Vitamins and Supplements. Do not forget your Calcium supplement. Sufficient Calcium intake is beneficial for women of all ages. This has been proven to prevent having cramps and Pre-Menstrual Period (PMS) Symptoms. It also prevents Osteoporosis especially for menopausal women. Vitamin E boosts strong immune system. Women who undergo menopausal period should take Vitamin E-400 as it stops night sweats and hot flashes. Also, Vitamin E is said to be best in avoiding wrinkles when aging.
4. Avoid smoking and alcohol drinking. For female smokers, you should avoid smoking especially if you are expecting a baby. Harmful substances may be transferred to the baby from the bloodstream. Also, past researches indicate that female smokers are more prone to certain disorders as compared to male smokers.
5. Incorporate exercises in your daily routine. Take a walk after work, use stairs instead of elevator or play with your kids when you are at home. Home exercises are also effective especially when you do not have time to go to the gym and would like to lose some weight. Yoga and Pilates are only a few of the many effective exercises you can do at home. Exercises help in limiting the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
6. Avoid stress. Many women are prone to too much stress. Stress has been known as cause to many sicknesses. As much as possible take time to relax. Read a good book, hang out with friends and engage into sports. Pamper yourself by going to parlors or you can do some shopping. And do not forget to get enough sleep to revive your energy.
7. Make use of available skin care products in order to protect your skin from damaging rays of the sun. Avoid exposing your skin on direct sunlight in order to avoid diseases such as skin cancer and faster skin aging.
8. Always visit your dentist in order to avoid getting cavities or a bad breath.
9. Visit your Gynecologist. Women who are eighteen and above should have their Physical Examination annually especially for the Pap Smear test. Women who are forty and up should have their mammograms and the Breast self-exam is encouraged once puberty has been reached and should be a habit as they mature
10. Practice safe sex so as to prevent STDs or sexually transmitted diseases.
The author is a multifaceted writer. She creates articles for a variety of topics such as marriage and relationship advices, health related concerns like CPAP supplies and devilbiss intellipap, family and parenting concerns, fashion and beauty tips and a lot more.