The choice of swollen prostate therapy is can be according to the severity of the prostate symptoms, how they affect your day-to-day life, and also the presence of a existing illness. Prostate treatment options may include lifestyle modification, prostate drugs, prostate surgery, and just “watchful thinking”.
If a man is over 60 years old, he is more likely to have swollen prostate symptoms. But most men with swollen prostates have only the minor symptoms. Self-care and watchful thinking are typically adequate to create them feel far better and comfortable.
Self Care for Mild Swollen Prostate Symptoms:
1. Urinate as soon as you have the urge. Go to the comfort room if you have the chance to urinate even in case you don’t have any urges.
2. Avoid caffeine and alcohol, especially before going to bed.
3. Do not drink an excessive amount of fluid at a one time. Spread out these fluids for per day. Also, prevent drinking too much before going to bed.
4. Do not take sinus or cold medicines which are sold over-the-counter, because they include antihistamines or decongestants. These types of medicines can increase swollen prostate symptoms.
5. Maintain yourself warm and have a standard exercise. Cold weather plus inactivity can worsen the symptoms of swollen prostate.
6. Learn to perform “Kegel Exercise”. It is a pelvic strengthening exercise. You can ask your doctor about this.
7. Reduce your stress levels. Tension and nervousness often leads into more urination.
8. Saw Palmetto – A lot of herbs and extracts have been tried and tested for the treatment of swollen prostate. Saw Palmetto is one of them, and is among the most proven by several specialists and wellness care professionals. This herb has been utilized worldwide to treat symptoms of prostate enlargement and BPH (Benign Prostate Hyperplasia). This herb is frequently recommended as an option to many swollen prostate drugs.