It is possible to modify your body in such a way that you are able to eat more carbs while maintaining weight loss. They key here is to increase your sensitivity to insulin.
The main issue, however, is that most weight loss hopefuls do not know how to do this.
Thus, here is how to eat more carbs while losing weight:
1. Increase unsaturated fat intake: Just make sure you don’t go over thirty percent of caloric intake. At this level, it may be too much load on your body. However, having too little fat will make it harder for your body to process carbs via insulin.
2. Don’t assume whole grains are the best source of carbs for you: You see, whole grains, while not unhealthy, aren’t the best choice here. In fact, legumes are a much better option since they have more fiber and digest much slower.
3. Make resistance training your best friend: Resistance training is the best exercise modality for increasing insulin sensitivity. You see, resistance training increases the amount of channels on the membranes of your cells which in turn allows more nutrients to get in.
4. Make your meals balanced: Every single food group works with each other to slow down digestion which in turn increases insulin sensitivity. If you leave out vegetables, for example, your digestion will be faster and you will not feel as full.
5. Stabilize your routine: A haphazard routine will destroy your body’s ability to absorb carbs. You are far better off with a regular schedule and a regular sleep/wake cycle. If you don’t follow a regular schedule, your insulin sensitivity will decrease.
6. Lose some body fat: As you lose body fat, your body becomes more sensitive to insulin. So make sure your program includes a strong fat loss component. This is perhaps the best way to increase your insulin sensitivity.
Increasing your insulin sensitivity with the above tips is a great way to eat more carbs while still losing weight. All you have to do is take action here!
Author Katherine Crawford, an exercise expert and former arm fat sufferer, instructs on how to do arm toning exercises. Unearth how to get sexy and toned arms by exploring her blog with advice on how to get skinny arms now!