The more calories you burn the more weight you will lose. And those that maximize caloric burn will be more likely to reach their goals.
The problem here is that many fat loss hopefuls do not know how to do this.
So here is how to maximize the amount of calories you burn after weight lifting workouts:
1. Raise your body temperature a little bit: But you don’t want to overdo it here because too much body heat will degrade performance. Instead, go for a moderate increase in body temperature to get your body primed for force production.
2. Have carbs beforehand: You have to make sure they are easily digested or you could run into indigestion issues in the middle of training. Also, don’t have more than thirty grams or you will run the risk of spiking and crashing your blood sugar.
3. Gradually reduce rest periods: This is a great strategy for increasing calories burned. Just keep in mind that it is not easy. However, if you slowly reduce rest periods over time you will get benefits here. As always, keep your form impeccable.
4. Work a lot of muscles: Avoid a body building type of split. Instead, exercise opposing muscle groups for the best effects here. Doing this will help you use heavy weights while still being able to activate a lot of muscle mass.
5. Have a little caffeine: This is a great tool for increasing your exercise output. You see, not only will caffeine make your body secrete performance-enhancing hormones, but it will also delay your sense of fatigue. So you will exercise harder for longer.
6. Have a shake with carbs and protein when you are done: This will replenish your glycogen stores which in turn will allow you to exercise even harder the next time you are in the gym. And make sure you have the shake immediately after finishing your workout.
Resistance training is by far the best exercise modality for burning calories. So make sure you apply the above tips to your weight lifting workouts!
Writer Katherine Crawford, an exercise physiologist and recent arm fat sufferer, teaches how to lose arm fat. Figure out how to get sexy arms by exploring her website with advice on how to lose arm fat right now!