How To Get Your Mind Ready For The Best Workouts
While diet and exercise are critically important for weight loss success, your mental game plan will ultimately become the rate limiting factor.
And the problem here is that most people overlook their mental game plan.
So here is how to mentally prime yourself to get into the best shape possible:
1. Don’t adopt ambiguous goals: Having an ambiguous goal will destroy your path to success. The problem with ambiguous goals is that they lead to ambiguous action. And the best way to get where you need to be is with specific action steps.
2. Avoid running away from the negative: Running away from something negative to reach your goal will eventually burn you out. Instead, run towards a positive outcome. You are more likely to stay the course if you are going towards something positive.
3. Use deadlines to your advantage: Having deadlines is a great way to increase the effectiveness of your action steps. You see, in the absence of a deadline you are more likely to focus on what doesn’t matter. So use time bound limits to get more done in less time.
4. Surround yourself by a network of similar people: Being around people with similar goals and objectives is one of the best ways to increase your chances of success. If you are in a bad environment, it will be very hard for you to succeed.
5. Avoid unrealistic expectations: It’s critical that you accept the fact that your journey is going to be littered with setbacks. In fact, the most successful businessmen and the most successful predators in nature all have the highest failure rates.
6. Always have your goal in your mind’s eye: If you don’t have a crystal clear picture of what you are trying to accomplish, you are more likely to lose motivation. So always strive to visualize your goal when motivation begins to fade.
Having a solid game plan for your mind is the most important thing you can do. After all, if you don’t have motivation in place you are more likely to fail!
Writer Katherine Crawford, an exercise physiologist and former arm fat sufferer, teaches how to get sculpted arms. Unearth how to get sexy and sculpted arms by exploring her website with upper arm-toning exercises for women right now!