Health Foods – Real Or Hype
I hear so many people say they’ve “tried everything” to lose their body fat, tone up and get in shape. The problem is most people don’t realise they are trying all of the wrong stuff, instead of just adopting a genuine wholesome active lifestyle.
For example let’s consider so called ‘healthy foods’ for a moment
It is easy to be fooled by what is about the FRONT OF THE BOX; great sounding points like “fat free”, “reduced sugar”, “high protein”, “low cholesterol”, “low carb”, etc.
Nevertheless, the TRUTH is on the BACK OF THE BOX – the ingredient list and nutrition info is where the actual truth is. Nevertheless, many of us don’t fully understand the ingredient list as well as nutrition info, so instead we rely about the advertising claims on the front of the package to guide us. – BIG MISTAKE!
Here are a few typical examples:
1. Slim fast shakes – these are far from healthy…they are really loaded with high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, and a bunch of other chemicals.
2. Fat Free of charge Rice Cakes – despite so many people believing these are wholesome, they are truly practically nothing but pure refined starch with zero fibre, which basically breaks down immediately into sugar in your physique, spiking insulin and promoting fat storage.
3. Protein bars – read the ingredient list of these so called “healthy” protein bars and you’ll discover hydrogenated oils, higher fructose corn syrup, and sufficient sugar alcohols to give you diarrhoea for a week!
4. Canned fruit in syrup – WHY? Why not just eat fresh whole fruit which still contains the skins, fibre, active enzymes, etc, rather than resorting to processed, canned fruit that’s been cooked and loaded with syrup.
5. Reduced Sugar Dessert Cakes – loaded with sugar substitutes, sugar alcohols, preservatives, along with a chemical ingredient list about 15 lines long.
Do you buy stuff like this thinking you are doing truly well with your grocery shopping and obtaining in all kinds of healthy stuff for you personally and your loved ones?
Nothing in these so known as ‘healthy foods’ is remotely healthy – about the contrary all of it is highly processed and full of chemicals and industrially refined ingredients. No wonder it feels like “nothing has worked” for you personally to get in shape and lose the body excess fat, you have been misled by all of the marketing hype, confusing labelling and inconsistent nutrition info within the mass media.
Walterr M. Rhodes is a full time author and writes for washingmachineratings24.com and other various sites.