Feeling burnt out? Feeling tired? Feeling stressed? Feeling like no matter how hard you try you just can’t get the grades you want? Well it’s time to turn that frown upside down and change all your problems into awesome possibilities!
Below is a list of 14 tips that will turn your study stress into study success in 5 minutes or less!
1. Create, write down and read your goals. Don’t fudge this. Just do it! At the start of every day look at your goals and make sure they are everything you want. Make sure you know what you want from your study and from your life.
2. Identify obstacles that stand in your path. Figure out those things that are preventing you from achieving your goals – and then remove them from the picture. Don’t allow time-wasters (like video games) and energy-suckers (like hopeless friends) to steer you off on a path you don’t want. Know what you want.
3. Identify the actions you need to take. It’s one thing to write out your goals. It’s another things altogether to understand what it will take to make them happen. Figure out what the actions are that make up your goals. What will take you from where you are now to where you want to go?
4. Do something! Once you know which actions are your most important actions, take some action! Anyone can make a plan. Anyone can come up with a brilliant idea. Anyone can think of solutions. It’s the doing that makes the difference. So take action. Right now! Go, go, go, go, and go. Now.
5. Imagine how successful you are going to be. Focus your thought on your success. Think about all the achievements you are going to have. Think about what it will mean to you when you reach your goals. Focus only on that. Can you taste it?
6. Create some affirmations and constantly read them. Make sure you have your affirmations written down so that you can look at them at any time. Never forget what you stand for and what you want.
7. Learn how to breathe and stretch. Yes, we all know how to breathe! But what matters is breathing for the purpose of relaxation. Does it get you into a Zen state of calm? Stretching also helps move the blood around and get you feeling good. So breathe, stretch and repeat. Always repeat. And don’t forget to rinse!
8. Read and watch. Find someone (or many people!) you want to be like. Then read their books and watch their YouTube videos. Engage with them in any way you can. Listen to them. Do what they do. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel to be a success, just do as successful people do. That’s being smart.
9. Love every minute. There is no point “existing”. You need to “live”. What does it mean to live? It means loving what you’re doing – at all times. Now, it’s hard to get excited about school or work each day, there is no question about that, but your life is short and you need to enjoy it. You need to make each day count. Love your life.
10. Surround yourself with winners. People who win for a living live a very different life to those that are happy with just going with the flow. If you want to make something of yourself you need to be surrounded by people who also want that – or already have it. Look around. Who are you spending your time with?
11. Drink your way to success! No not booze – water! Drink as much water as you can muster, mister. Eight glasses a day is a good guide. Why? Well, your brain is 75% water. Your blood is 90% water. The body will shut down within days without water. Water prevents illness and disease. Water turns the food you eat into energy. Need we say more? Drink up!
12. Eat smaller meals more often. If you eat trash you’ll feel like trash. If you eat well, you’ll feel well. It’s not rocket science. But what you may not know is that having several smaller meals a day reduces your chances of being overweight or obese. Stop eating things that are killing you and start eating delicious and nutritious food. But you already know that one don’t you? But do you do it?
13. Attack the four addicts. Coffee, cigarettes, alcohol and sugar – what do they have in common? They’re all stimulants. They’re all addictive. They’re all making you less productive and destroying your body. The solution? Consume them less of course! You don’t have to dispose of them completely but reduce, reduce and reduce. The less the better. You will live longer and be healthier.
14. Tense and relax. When you tense all the muscles in your body and then let it go it really helps the body to unwind and remain calm. So start using this whenever you’re feeling anxious or stressed. Tense and relax. Tense and relax. Ah! Feels good doesn’t it?
The reality is that you – and you alone – have the ability to determine your future. You can decide to do nothing and change nothing and get the same results you’ve always gotten. Or you can change a few little things up and make a big difference to your results. Learn the strategies and take massive action every day. Nothing else is required. Good luck!
HelpMeToStudy.org is the premier resource for learning new study skills, changing your study habits and discovering the best study tips available. We will help change the way you think about study – and even better – we will show you how to study effectively: How To Study Effectively | Motivate Me To Study